- Always encouraging equality, diversity, and inclusion in the workplace as a positive practice.
- Creating a pleasant working environment that is free of bullying, harassment, and victimization or discrimination. An environment that promotes true dignity and respect for everyone and where individual differences and the contributions of all staff are recognized, valued, and celebrated equally. This commitment includes managers and all other employees regarding their rights and responsibilities under the equality, diversity, and inclusion policy.
- Take all complaints seriously of bullying, harassment, victimization, and prohibited discrimination by any fellow employees, clients, vendors, visitors, the public, and any others not listed here.
- Create opportunities for training, and development for staff, who will consistently be encouraged to develop to their full potential, so their unique talents can be fully utilized on the job.
- Make remuneration decisions about employees based on merit and work performance exclusively.
- Review our employment practices and procedures annually and more often as required to ensure consistent fairness and to also keep them updated in accordance with changes/updates of Act updates.
- Consistently monitor the make-up of Menard Canada’s workforce, including important demographic information such as age, sex, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion or belief systems, and disability, to encourage equality, diversity, and true inclusion and to help us to meet our aims and commitments set out in the equality, diversity, and inclusion policy.
A formal agreement will follow this policy
This equality, diversity, and inclusion policy is fully supported and protected by the Government of Canada’s Human Rights Act, as well as Menard Canada’s senior management team, and has been agreed upon with all employee representatives.