Company Name: Menard Canada Inc
Position Title: Project Engineer
Office location: Uxbridge, ON
Menard Canada is the Canadian leader Contracting Company specialized in deep soil densification or ‘Ground Improvement’. Menard Canada introduced a lot of different technique to the industry: Dynamic Compaction, Vibro-densification, wick drains and more recently Controlled Modulus Columns and Cutter Soil Mixing. The Menard Canada Group has offices throughout Canada.
Menard Canada is also part of the International Vinci – Freyssinet – Menard group which is the largest construction holding in the world.
Under the direction of the Branch Manager, the successful candidate will have two main activities:
1) Project Engineer on-site:
• Manage technical, contractual and financial sides of the contract;
• Ensure that production and quality documentation are up to date;
• Participate in weekly meeting with Client;
• Establish monthly invoices and prepare eventual claims;
• Supervise quality control on project site; and
• Draft end-of-project summaries / reports;
2) Project Engineer in-office:
• Perform feasibility analyses and answer queries from clients;
• Perform ground improvement design;
• Develop soil improvement and quality control programs;
• Perform / contribute to project cost estimating;
• Perform / Direct AutoCAD drafting;
• Supervise quality control on project sites; and
• Draft end-of-project summaries / reports;
• Degree in Civil Engineering
• Very good written and spoken English skills
• AutoCAD / Survey experience an asset
The successful candidate shall demonstrate autonomy, strong verbal and written communication skills. He shall be comfortable in a teamwork environment. Contracting and/or geotechnical experience is an asset.
Please contact Samuel Briet – Operations by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Richmond BC
Description of Department
The position is within the Corporate HSE Department. The HSE Department is responsible for National requirements. This requires provincial administration of Safety Program.
* Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada*
Objective of the Position
The Senior HSE Coordinator will be responsible to support Menard Canada Inc. operations throughout British Columbia and any project followed by the West Division Management. This includes working and assisting Branch Managers, Project Managers, Safety Manager in all aspects of Health, Safety and Environmental matters to ensure safe execution of a given project. The individual is to be versed in BC OHS legislation with a good working knowledge of WCB requirements.
SEE ALL THE DETAILS: DOWNLOAD PDF
Job location: on site (mostly in Ontario)
Menard Canada Inc is in search of an experienced site superintendent to join our Construction Team. This is a full-time position that offers a competitive salary, health benefits, pension plan, and paid time off. Our fast-moving environment is centered on teamwork and entrepreneurship. We are looking for a candidate who is positive, organized, detail-oriented, flexible, and a quick learner. Under the direction of the operations manager, the successful candidate will have the following responsibilities:
Health and safety
- Responsible for his/her own safety and the safety of his/her team.
- Wears all PPE and respects all company safety rules and policies.
- Runs daily pre-start meeting and safety orientations for new employees and/or visitors.
- Has the responsibility to stop the work when any at risk situations are encountered.
- Ensure that all workers, suppliers and/or subcontractors respects Menard HSE rules and policies.
- Reports situations at risk and perform weekly/monthly site inspections.
- Manage a team of up to 10 workers and operators.
- Lay-out the ground improvement work using a total station (training will be provided).
- Ensure that work is done according to proper procedures and in a safe and efficient manner.
- Ensure that all QA/QC has been carried out.
- Communicates with project Engineers and operations manager.
- Propose solutions when technical problem arise or when production is not efficient.
Suppliers and subcontractors
- Request quotes from suppliers and subcontractors.
- Suggest to the operations manager suppliers and subcontractors.
- Issue PO and validate invoices
- Coordinate suppliers and subcontractors
- Ensure material deliveries
- Writes job equipment requisition list
- Ensure proper maintenance of the equipment on site.
- Ensure inspection reports are sent weekly
- CET or equivalent
- Very good written and spoken English skills
- AutoCAD / Survey experience an asset. If not, training will be provided
- The successful candidate shall demonstrate autonomy, strong verbal and written communication skills. He shall be comfortable in a teamwork environment. Contracting and/or geotechnical experience is an asset.
Be part of the Menard Canada dynamic team!